Whether we are assisting a customer in one of our structures or working hard to keep our facilities safe and clean, our staff takes great pride in providing excellent service to parkers in downtown Ann Arbor. We are currently accepting applications for multiple positions in our organization.
We offer excellent benefits
Depending on employment status, employees may participate in our benefits plan.
The choices include:
- Health and Dental plans
- Life Insurance
Republic Parking System also offers:
- A 401(k) program to help it's employees prepare for retirement
- Benefits for time off include paid holidays, vacation and sick leave
- We encourage life long education by paying education expenses for work related college courses
- Competitive wages
Republic Parking System is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Come apply in person at 324 Maynard, Ann Arbor, MI 48104, between the hours of 8 am and 4 pm, Monday through Friday. Applications must be completed in the office. Please come prepared to complete a brief work history, provide references, take a short math assessment and give driving record information. Calculators/cell phones cannot be used.
Serve customers at the exit by processing their parking tickets, providing change and customer service through successful interactions that respond to their individual needs.
- Ensure that parking tickets are accurately calculated and the fee correctly collected by the customer.
- Communicating with the customers in a friendly and inviting manner, answering questions about the operations, giving directions when asked and ensuring a proper flow of traffic through the exit booth.
- Responsible for accurately accounting for every ticket processed and exiting vehicles through their line.
- Accurately complete the daily shift report.
- Communicate and see approval for exception transactions, identify safety and usual security and operation concerns to the manager.
- The cashier is the face of our customer service efforts and is required to help customers with their concerns.
- Cashier must assist by monitoring entry traffic conditions.
Must be friendly and courteous with customers, able to effectively communicate in English, work independently, capable of performing basic math calculations, learn to operate fee computer system and processes, follow directions and accept training practice / follow up.
Perform work in outdoor environment with strength and stamina. Repetitive use of hands, grasping and holding tools, extensive walking, standing, bending, reaching, crouching, twisting and stair climbing. Work in public view and using appropriate verbal communication.
- Identify areas that require special cleaning focus and be capable to perform standard custodial duties throughout the garages and lots.
- Lifting is performed in active street and office environments.
- Safely operate company vehicles and trucks, maintaining an acceptable and clean driving record that meets specific company policy.
- Extensive walking through garages and surface lots that have uneven walking surfaces, curbs, stairwells, roadways, in and around parked vehicles during all weather conditions.
- Work with various cleaning solvents and hazard substances for removal of graffiti and cleaning dirty machines, painting and other applications.
- Snow and ice shoveling as required.
- Environmental conditions include working in weather of all types. Capable of working in extreme cold, heat and high wind conditions for extended periods.
- Comply with Republic Parking System motor vehicle driving policy, transport supplies to locations and respond/drive to remote areas as directed to make repairs.
- Must work independently and in team settings.
Must be friendly and courteous with customers, able to effectively communicate in English, work independently,follow directions and accept training practice/follow up. Must be capable of performing a dead lift of up to 50lbs, consistently throughout shift. Basic mechanical aptitude and ability to work with power and hand tools, repair equipment, apply safe operating practices, and use of personal protective equipment.